Concetta Brescia Morra
is Full Professor of Economic Law at University of Roma Tre, Faculty of Law, where she teaches EU Financial Law.
She is the vice-chair of the Administrative Board of Review (ABoR) that carries out internal administrative reviews of the ECB’s decisions taken in the exercise of the powers conferred on it by the Single Supervisory Mechanism Regulation (Reg. EU No 2014/2013).
She is member of the Bar of Rome.
From 1987 to 2002, she served as Officer at the Banking Supervision Department of the Bank of Italy.
She has been Visiting Researcher at Harvard Law School (Cambridge (MA).
She is author of more than 60 articles (papers and books contributions) and 4 books in the fields of banking and financial regulation, commercial law and financial contracts.
She has been invited speaker at conferences organised by Italian and foreign Universities and other important Research Institutes and Entities in the banking field.
She has experience in teaching and publishing in English.
Recent publications in English
Recent conference presentations in English
- C. Brescia Morra, The Interplay between the ECB and NCAs in the “common procedures” under the SSM Regulation: are there gaps in legal protection?, in Judicial review in the Banking Union and in the EU financial architecture, Conference jointly organized by Banca d’Italia and the European Banking Institute, Quaderni di Ricerca giuridica della Banca d’Italia, n. 84, June 2018, pp. 7994.
- C. Brescia Morra, The Administrative Review of Decisions of the ECB in the Supervisory Field, in Studi sull’integrazione europea, XIII, 2018, pp. 6378.
- C. Brescia Morra, R. Smits, A. Magliari, The Administrative Board of Review of the European Central Bank: Experience After 2 Years, in European Business Organizational Law Review, vol. 18, 2017, pp. 568589.
- C. Brescia Morra, The administrative and judicial review of decisions of the ECB in the supervisory field, in Scritti sull'Unione bancaria, Quaderni di ricerca giuridica della Banca d'Italia, n. 81, luglio 2016, pp. 109132.
- C. Brescia Morra, The evolution of banking supervision architecture in Europe, in Evolutions in the Law of International Organizations, Roberto Virzo, Ivan Ingravallo (eds.), Martinus Nijhoff, BostonLeiden, 2014, pp. 224-243.
- C. Brescia Morra, M. Marcucci, The Reform of the “Cajas de Ahorro”. A comparative analysis with the Italian experience of the restructuring of Saving banks, in Crisis y Reforma del Sistema Financiero, a cura di Antonio B. Huetos, Juan Andrés Recalde, Ignacio Tirado, Thomson Reuters, 2014, pp. 351377.
- C. Brescia Morra, From the Single Supervisory Mechanism to the Banking Union. The role of the ECB and the EBA, in Studi sull’integrazione europea, n. 3, 2014, pp. 465484.
- The new EU framework for banking crisis management: Rules versus discretion, in EBI Annual Global Conference on Banking Supervision, Frankfurt, 2122 February 2019, organized by the European Banking Institute.
- Nature, Role and Powers of the SSM Administrative Board of Review, in Toward an Integrated Enforcement of the Banking Regulation: The case of the Single Supervisory Mechanism, Luxemburg, 2930 November 2018, organized by the Université du Luxemburg.
- The legal Accountability of the ECB: the limits of the Procedural Review, participation to the panel discussion of the workshop Contesting the Incontestable: The Post crisis accountability of the European Central Bank, Berlin, 8 October 2018, organized by the Hertie School.
- “The interplay between the ECB and the NCAs in the “common procedures” under the SSM Regulation. Are there gaps in legal protection?, in Conference Judicial review in the Banking Union and in the EU financial architecture, jointly organized by the Bank of Italy and the European Banking Institute, Rome, 21 November 2017.
- “Recovery plans and governance arrangements under the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive”, in Annual Conference on European Company Law and Corporate governance 2017, organized by the Academy of European Law (ERA), Trier, 1213 October 2017.
- “Crisis management: the EU framework for bank recovery and resolution”, in Summer Course on EU Regulation and Supervision of Financial Markets, organized by the Academy of European Law (ERA), Trier, 1923 June 2017.
- “The Administrative Board of Review in practice: achieving a fair process”, in Annual conference on Financial Supervision in the EU 2016, organized by the Academy of European Law (ERA), Brussels, 12 December 2016.
- “The new EU framework for banking crisis management and state aid”, in Loyal Cooperation Growth and State aid”, conference organized by the University of Milan, 11 November 2016.
- “The experience and case law of the Board of Review of the SSM, in “Reflection on the design and implementation of the European Banking Union”, conference organized by the University of Bologna and by the European Banking Institute (EBI), Bologna, 16 September 2016.
- “The scope of consolidated supervision – the ECB and EBA powers in the SSM Regulation”, in Conference “Banking Union”, jointly organized by the Institute for Law and Finance of the Goethe Universität of Frankfurt and by Freshfields Brickaus Deringer, Frankfurt, 18 April 2016.
- “The role of the Administrative Board of Review in the context of the SSM”, in Annual conference on Financial Supervision in the EU 2015, organized by the Academy of Europea Law (ERA), Brussels, 34, December 2015.
- The reform of “Cajas De Ahorro”. A comparative analysis with the Italian experience, by Concetta Brescia Morra and Monica Marcucci, in Congreso Internacional Universidad Autònoma de Madrid, Crisis Y Reforma del Sistema Financiero, Madrid, 3 4 October 2013.